Checklist for the parenting arrangements
- How do you take care of your children today?
- What are your hopes for your children's futures?
- What do you hope your children will say about the divorce when they are older?
- What is your contribution to this? How can you achieve this?
- Is there any matter regarding the joint raising of the children that makes you have concerns?
- Have you given thought to the visitation arrangement? What would be best suited to your children and yourselves?
- Who will buy the children's clothes?
- Who will take them to the dentist or the doctor?
- What are your thoughts regarding the vacations?
- How do you envision the visitation arrangement during the holidays (e.g. Christmas)?
- What is your preferred means of communicating with each other about the children?
- How often?
- What matters would you want to be informed about regarding the children?
- How will you handle events or other situations regarding your children to which you are both invited?
- Who will maintain the relationship with the school?
- How will you keep each other informed in case of unusual events? (doctor's visit, illness, family gathering)?
- What are your thoughts about the costs of raising the children (maintenance)?
- When would it be important to you the re-assess the agreements made regarding the parenting arrangements, in the children's interests?
- Under what circumstances would you wish to change the calculation of the children's costs or the child maintenance?
- Who manages the passports?
- Who takes care of the children if the parent with whom the children are supposed to be staying at any particular moment, is indisposed?
- How will you decide on the amount of pocket money?
- What if a child wants to get tattooed / pierced etc.? Discuss?
- What would you like to agree regarding any future higher education and its financing?
- In whose liability insurance policy will your children be included?
- In whose health insurance policy will your children be included?
- What would you like to settle/amend in terms of your will?
What else is important to you, and what would you like to discuss and/or put to paper?